State Workforce Development Programs
Workforce development is to further develop employment opportunities for existing Colorado employees while meeting the skill and human resource needs of employers and communities throughout the state.
Workforce Centers provide a variety of free services to assist employers and job seekers alike. These include:
- Job listings
- Computer & internet access
- Career counseling & training for job seekers
- Recruitment of workers, pre-screening & referral services
- Tax credits and training reimbursement for employers
- Customers can choose either self-service or staff-assisted options to meet their employment needs.
Local Workforce Development Programs
Lamar Community College and Otero Junior College
Customized workplace training caters to the needs of businesses and employees. Classes could be in delivered various methods. Curriculum and evaluations can be tailored to meet the unique needs of any business.